ADA Accessibility Notes
See City of Ouray website at http://www.ci.ouray.co.us/
Ouray is part of one of the most remarkable natural areas of the west... the youngest afur fit of the Rocky Mountains and includes geologic features such as waterfalls, creeks, jagged mountain peaks in multiple colors due to the high mineral content of the area, natural hot springs, and one of the largest calderas in the world, not to mention the beautiful lakes, canyons and forests that line all of the Scenic Biway...San Juan Skyway in Colorado.
• Distinctive wild life habitats and notable species of birds, mammals, flowers or trees including
• Ouray has many fine restaurants in its 1 square mile of box canyon. It hosts some of the finest and unique shops in Colorado and it has its own farmer's market in the summer months.
• Events: Ouray Ice Festival, 4th of July fireworks, Jeep Jamborie, and numerous other activities (see www.ouraycolorado.com) ceremonies, festivals that highlight the community’s heritage and traditions
• Visit and attend events of the arts (ie ballet, plays, film) at the Historic Wright Opera House and the Ouray Museum, which now displays a new beautiful bronze statue of Chief Ouray, the Ute indian chief that the town of Ouray was named after . Then enjoy the many galaries and occasional art shows in the heart of Ouray that display local artists and their talents in different medians. Tour the town and be a part of history as you enjoy the historic Victorian Architecture of this unique mining town of yesteryear.
• Enjoy outdoor experiences such as hiking, climbing, off-roading, camping, backpacking, mountain biking, road cycling, horseback riding, swimming, and rafting, hunting and fly fishing nearby.
• See historic places as real mine around Ouray (tours available), mining camps, trails, homesteads and distinctive local historic architecture including the Beaumont Hotel.
• Explore scenic routes including scenic hiking trails, Jeeping trails, bike routes, birding trails, and Alpine Loop, San Juan Sky Way, Scenic Byway through the San Juans, specifically, the famous MILLION DOLLAR HIGHWAY, which runs right through Ouray.
• Ouray is one of the first communities to utilize green LED technology to light it's city streets as well as enhansing it's geothermal and hydro capacity to make Ouray energy efficient.
• The fabiric of Ouray's business community is mom and pop owned and family businesses that include restaurants, lodging, shops and galaries. Ouray now has two breweries that brew the finest of Colorado microwbrew beers and a fine Irish Pub. Two candy shops and the best oranic coffee roasted and served year round.
Ouary is one of the most beautiful towns in the west with plenty to enjoy for all.
snowshoe hare, pika, badger, marmot, marten, porcupine, squirrels, blue grouse, ptarmigan and golden eagle may be observed. Hunters stalk mule deer, the majestic elk, bear, bighorn sheep, mountain lion, grouse, turkey and ducks.
Pet Friendly Notes
Dog friendly lodging available in Ouray.