Abiquiu Chamber Music
ADA Accessibility Notes
The venue is not wheelchair accessible. Individuals with mobility problems will have to negotiate two flights of stairs with rails.
Ages Event is Appropriate For
All adult and young music lovers will enjoy the performances; free admission for children ages six and older accompanied by adults
Please join us in beautiful Abiquiu--longtime home of legendary artist Georgia O'Keeffe--for extraordinary chamber music as it should be experienced: in an intimate setting, offering close proximity between audience and performers. The venue is located right on the Rio Chama and seating is outdoors on covered porches and decks, allowing for the merging of music with the sounds of nature. The concerts present distinguished artists performing chamber music in a variety of styles and periods. After the performances the audience is invited to mingle and talk with the artists. We think Georgia would be pleased!
The program for the 2011 season features the following performers:
· June 12 Hamilton Tescarollo, SoloPiano - Brazilian Artist performing Bach-Busoni, Beethoven, Liszt, and works of Brazilian composers such as Villa-Lobos and Guarneri
· June 26 Sally Guenther, Cello and Robert McDonald, Piano - Performing duo works of Beethoven, Chopin, and American Samuel Barber
· July 10 David Leisner, Solo Classical Guitar - performing works of J.S. Bach, Alberto Ginestera, Villa-Lobos, and his own original works
· July 24 Virginia Dupuy, Mezzo-Soprano and Shields-Collins Bray, Piano - performing an all-American program The American Songbook
· August 7 La Catrina String Quartet with Jacquelyn Helin, Piano, in a performance of the Mozart Gminor Piano Quartet, Schumann's Piano Quintet in Eb, and up-and-coming composer Gabriela Lena Franks's greatly acclaimed Leyendas: An Andean Walkabout for String Quartet
· August 21 John Graham, Viola and Madeline Williamson, Piano - Graham performs works composed for him for Solo Viola and Electronics, contrasted with a 400-year old Passacaglia by Biber; and collaborates with Williamson in performing Viola/Piano works by Manuel De Falla and Leonard Bernstein
Pet Friendly Notes
No animals are allowed at the venue. Individuals accompanied by a service dog will need to make special arrangements.
$20 per individual concert - $90 for a season subscription (six concerts). Limited seating. Advance purchase only. No tickets at the door.