San Jose de Gracia church was built between 1760 and 1776 in the village of Las Trampas. It is considered a model of the adobe architecture in northern New Mexico. It houses six historic retablos and several bultos (carvings) from the late 18th and early to mid 19th centuries. Many consider this church to be among the most beautiful examples of Spanish colonial churches in the U.S. southwest.
San Jose de Gracia church was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1970.