The Burrows Park area was home to three mining camps located along a two mile stretch of the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. The three camps, Argentum, Tellurium, and Whitecross served as small commercial centers for the miners working the nearby claims. The two cabins located at the Burrows Park trailhead were stabilized by the Bureau of Land Management and the Hinsdale County Historical Society in 1989. One of the cabins served as the first post office in the Burrow Park area and was built in 1876 and the other served as living quarters for a local miner and his family.
Latitude: 37.9369885 Longitude: -107.4610734 Elevation: 10415 ft
Hours OpenDawn to Dusk
Time Period RepresentedLate 1800's
Seasons OpenSummer and Fall
Pet Friendly Notes
Pets allowed, please clean up after pets when visitng the historic cabins