In roughly 1225 CE, this site was home to a group of Tewa-speaking people, ancestors of the Pueblo groups now living along the Rio Grande at San Ildefonso and Santa Clara. The dwelling was built with blocks of tuff, the welded volcanic ash common on the Pajarito Plateau. Some rooms at the site were used for cooking and sleeping while others were for storage. Like many of the nearly 10,000 archeological sites on the Pajarito Plateau, it was abandoned before the Spanish came to North America, probably due to severe drought conditions.
Latitude: 35.8829915 Longitude: -106.3014632 Elevation: 7329 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here